Ettore Sottsass was the first architect to use Emeco chairs out of their industrial context for homes and shops. We asked him to design an update - soft seat, wider and stacking. Sottsass died at the age of 90 (Nine-O) in 2007, just after seeing the final prototype of his chair.
Please call or email one of our representatives for discounted industry pricing.
- Emeco uses 80% recycled aluminum content when handcrafting their chairs. Of the recycled aluminum, half is post-consumer (soft drink cans) and half is post-industrial (manufacturing scrap).
- Emeco all-aluminum chairs are 100% recyclable, and have an estimated lifespan of 150 years.
- Emeco's amazing heat-treatment makes these aluminum chairs tougher than steel.
- All of Emeco's products are made in the United States of America.
- Chairs stack 6 high.
- Fire retardancy certified AAC to British standards and CAL133.