Kong was designed in 2003 for the Kong Chinese restaurant in Paris, and is now in restaurants from Iceland to China. The one-arm detail was Starck's solution to the problem of elegantly slipping up to the bar.
Kong requires 24 separate pieces of aluminum, hand-formed and welded to make each chair, and it takes 8 man-hours to hand polish. It's more like a sculpture than a chair.
Please call or email one of our representatives for discounted industry pricing.
- Emeco uses 80% recycled aluminum content when handcrafting their chairs. Of the recycled aluminum, half is post-consumer (soft drink cans) and half is post-industrial (manufacturing scrap).
- Emeco all-aluminum chairs are 100% recyclable, and have an estimated lifespan of 150 years.
- Emeco's amazing heat-treatment makes these aluminum chairs tougher than steel.
- All of Emeco's products are made in the United States of America.
- Chairs come with one or two arms